Featured post

Time to Rise

You are frightened by the greatness of Gods power in tigers eyes, You haven't seen mine yet made in His own image! I am not wor...

Sunday 18 January 2015

WHAT IF...

What if I woke up dead...?
I will not be dead...
I will have just woken up...
Woken up from life....
For I have been dead all this long.
Only one thing has remained.
My shadow dead or alive
Sunshine or storm
the only true friend 
Never leaves me , Never left me
remained the same,
In life and in death
never changes hues
colour blind or otherwise.
a mirror with no reflection
a reflection with no mirror.

I have died many times,
But I only live once,
I cannot die all day long ..
all season long...
I die only once,
in a split second,
lived a split life?
left like an echo,
I was here, yet am there.
I live every moment,
True to the givings of life
moment of finality, as if there is no if,
but what if I woke dead.,,,,?

I will wake up at a wedding reception 
A reception I attended recently
So I am still there...
I  pinching my self..
with a pinch of salt...
and "a grain of wheat"
where was I ....????
I forget...so that I will be remembered..to be forgotten
Now I remember..
At a wedding reception...
I recently attended,
Someone said " Can all the married men,
Yes you heard me clearly,
All the married!
Please Stand next to the person...
A person who has made your life worth living.."
The Bartender was nearly crushed to death!!!


At this point ,Once upon a time, 
Life asked Death..
Why do people hate you but love me?
Death responded promptly,
Because you are a Beautiful lie,
And I am a Painful Truth....

By Njoroge wa Ngige.......1/18/2015






No comments: