Featured post

Time to Rise

You are frightened by the greatness of Gods power in tigers eyes, You haven't seen mine yet made in His own image! I am not wor...

Saturday 15 August 2015

The Invisible Bridge


The Invisble Bridge

Standing on the bridge of life,

To go or not go it’s still a go,

The river below does not stop,

The tidal waves whirling around,

The current being current,

Swept my currency away,

While Crunching on my last straw,

I contemplate on the three lines

The only three lines in life,

Born,

Dead,

Legacy.

I puke the past

hiccup the future

and  diarrhea the present

The first Two I have no choice,

Either way the first gives way to the second.

The third I can redeem,

If I don’t visit jail or cemetery

The only two places that never fill up,

But I have been running without walking,

Breathing without air,

Swallowing without chewing,

Seeing without looking.

 

To determine the life I want to live,

Standing on the bridge of life,

Going is a must.

Forward, Backwards or Under,

I must return the borrowed time,

And my dentures too,

For I knocked my teeth on the floor,

With every bitter fake smile I flashed,

While swimming on the dry land,

For I drunk all the water.

With my candle burning on both ends,

I must cross the bridge,

While standing on the bridge of life.

 

By Njoroge wa Ngige 081515 -0342hr

No comments: