Featured post

Time to Rise

You are frightened by the greatness of Gods power in tigers eyes, You haven't seen mine yet made in His own image! I am not wor...

Tuesday 14 February 2017

My Tribe

My Tribe

My tribe is courage amidst the pain and anguish
I am so that we can! a community of faith
Believers in dreams bigger than ourselves
Dreams proportionate to the amazing power of our God

I worry, sometimes I feel like giving up
But my tribe knows no voluntary surrender
Until the warrior forced in a corner to live to fight another day
They prepared me for victory but no one taught me how to handle defeat
Every day is a challenge, a struggle with a chance to proof what I am made of

What am I made of, you ask?
I am fragile, tender and strong
I bend like a willow tree and withstand like a fig tree
I am a prophet in to the future
A future in hope that today even though tough will be a better tomorrow

My tribe is her and him and you
Our problems surely not the same,
Told in many languages by different history tellers to look the same
As the poor walk in search of food the rich walk to digest the same
With the smiles that bides us together. Welcome to my tribe.


By Njoroge wa Ngige: 021117-0313

No comments: